encrypted password

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Jun 13 12:04:08 CEST 2007

tnt at kalik.co.yu wrote:
> Did you put "9D8wtP7DGqgCg" or 9D8wtP7DGqgCg into the database? Use
> crypt and check if that is the crypted password you think it should be.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> Dana 12/6/2007, "Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB" <felipe-listas at terenet.com.br>
> piše:
>
>> Hi Arran,
>>
>> Thank you for your reply.
>>
>> I tried Crypt-Password := "9D8wtP7DGqgCg", but then the debug says:
>>
>> (...)
>> modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 2
>> modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 2
>> rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
>> auth: type Local
>> auth: user supplied User-Password does NOT match local User-Password
>> auth: Failed to validate the user.
>> Login incorrect: [anavc/2572ava] (from client localhost port 0)
>> Delaying request 2 for 2 seconds
>>
>> When I try with a clear text password user, it says:
>>
>> (...)
>> modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 3
>> modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 3
>> rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
>> auth: type Local
>> auth: user supplied User-Password matches local User-Password
>> (...)
>>

>> Thank you,
>>
>> Felipe
>>

>> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

>>> That would be unix crypt.
>>>
>>> The attribute in radcheck is
>>>
>>> Crypt-Password := "9D8wtP7DGqgCg"
>>> -
>>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
>>>
>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
>>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
Hmm,
You are sending the users password as plaintext or something reversible
like GTC ?

You can only use crypted passwords if the pass-phrase is being sent in
the clear...

Oh and you'd also need the PAP module uncommented in authorise and
authenticate, as it's the one that deals with calculating hashes for
comparison.

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk)
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer