Segmentation fault on conflicting packet

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 18 11:35:44 CEST 2007

Milan Holub wrote:
> If you check the timeline we've received conclicting packet after
> 0.000696 sec. Which I think was a duplicate packet due to some network
> problem. Packet 11920 was in the middle of processing(finished writing
> into detail file, but not yet written to database). Segmentation fault
> occured when another request was received.

  Ok.  Two issues.  If the client is sending two packets within the same
second, using the same (source ip, port, code, id), then he client is
broken.  It should either wait for a timeout (~30s), or for the reply
from the first request, before sending the second request.

  The second issue is I've updated the code.  Previously it didn't
remove the old request from the hash in some cases, resulting in the
crash.  It now removes the request always, which should avoid the crash.