Additionally set/provided variables... how to access them?

Mark J Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Jun 19 17:08:56 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Mark J Elkins wrote:
>
>> This gives (in radiusd -X) the debug warning message of....
>>
>> WARNING: Attempt to use unknown xlat function, or non-existent attribute
>> in string %{Telkom-Access-Type}
>>
>> So how do I correctly access and use this value????
>>

>   See doc/variables.txt, which explains how to conditionally look at the
> contents of attributes.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

I had doc/variables.txt open when I posted this question. I also tried
sticking things like  "request:" and "reply:" into  my query - but had
no joy. I'm either not being sent the Variable (so how do I send this
myself from a NAS that I own - e.g. a Cisco router with an AUX port  -
so I can confirm I'm getting the Variable properly set)...
or I'm missing the whole plot.

My first language is English... so I should be able to understand what
is written...

In  "variables.txt" - you state...

>  The run-time variables defined by the server are:
>
>     %{Attribute-Name}               The value of the given Attribute-Name
>                                                      in the request packet
>
>     %{request:Attribute-Name}       The value of value the given

Attribute-Name in the request packet

These almost look the same... except for an extra "value" - so when does
one use "request:" ???

Any chance of an example?

In all honesty - I'm not sure when Telkom even sends me this attribute -
ie is it sent at the same time as when the NAS gives me the
username&realm and password - or is it sent with the accounting record?

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, SCO ACE, Cisco CCIE