Support for PEAP-Mschapv2 and PEAP-GTC simultaneously?

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 09:38:26 CEST 2007

Colleen C. Morrissey wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>   Why?  If you have the clear-text password on the server, you can just
>> compare the two.  There's no need to configure rlm_pap to do the NT hash.
>>

> I don't have the clear text password.  Your original reply said this
> would work with clear text password or nt hash.  I have the NT hash
> and/or I can get the SHA1 base 64 encoded password (which was working
> with gtc by itself).  Can I get pap/gtc to work with the NT hash password?
> I don't manage the ldap service so getting the clear text password will
> not be easy and may not be possible organizationally.   Thanks.

I know SHA1 will definitely work, as will NT but you will have to use
the PAP module.
The nt hash should be written into the check item NT-Password, I think
sha is SHA-Password.

If your using LDAP just enable auto header and it'll figure it out for
you :) , if you do use NT password be sure the FreeRADIUS <-> LDAP nt
hash password attribute mapping is correct.