Additionally set/provided variables... how to access them?

Mark J Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed Jun 20 15:04:52 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Mark J Elkins wrote:
>
>> Added the 'dictionary.telkom', got this $included in 'dictionary' - and
>> the "Warning:.." message has gone. The value of the new variable is now
>> showing up.
>>

>   Could you mail a copy here so that other people don't have to go
> through this?

The Dictionary that needs the include ....
$INCLUDE dictionary.telkom      # ie - put this line in
"/usr/share/freeradius/dictionary"

# Contents of file "/usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.telkom"
#
#       Telkom SA - RADIUS dictionary
#       Used to convey Telkom Specific Information in proxied requests
#       EDS 20031007 eddie at saix.net
VENDOR          Telkom          1431

BEGIN-VENDOR    Telkom

#       Access-Type is used to describe the Access Medium used eg
#       Dial/ADSL/VSAT etc.  Used in both Access-Requests and Accounting
ATTRIBUTE       Telkom-Access-Type              1               string
#
#       Service-Type is used to indicate the Service used main in
conjunction
#       with the SSG.  Used in both Access-Requests and Accounting
ATTRIBUTE       Telkom-Service-Type             2               string

END-VENDOR      Telkom

Use:

You would normally add the following as a check item in your freeradius radcheck table by adding an entry
like:

Attribute : 'Telkom-Access-Type'
Value     : 'DSL'

Which will restrict a user to ADSL only.

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, SCO ACE, Cisco CCIE