2.0.0-pre : Failed to open socket.

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 20:59:11 CEST 2007

Debashis Prusty wrote:
> No. I have tried this. As I have mentioned earlier versions like 1.1.4 & 1.1.6  are working fine. Problem is with version 2.0.0, where the listen part is not comented. Lets think of something else.

As I said earlier , but will say again for clarity.

It *is* a bug in pre1, Alan was trying something out that broke binding
in some BSD based operating systems and looks like Solaris too ...

The code has been taken out in the CVS head... if you want to use the
new features of 2** (of which there are many) use the CVS head not pre1.

In my opinion the biggest advantage of 2.*.* is the FreeRADIUS unlang
(see man unlang) which wasn't included in pre1 anyway.

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk)
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer