radsqlrelay is rude

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Fri Jun 22 19:19:01 CEST 2007

Stefan Winter wrote:

> attempting to kill a running radsql with ^C doesn't do anything, and
> kill'ing it with TERM doesn't impress it either on my system. I had to
> send KILL to get rid of it. Is this intentional?

The radsqlrelay script doesn't exit immediately. It finishes the
pending queries in sql-relay.work before that. This prevents the
next run of radsqlrelay from inserting duplicate records.

> Then, on startup I see it instantiated but only the post-auth query is
> printed on startup with -X - leaving me with the question on whether the
> other queries are actually properly read or not (see below). That's not
> nice as well. I'm on 1.1.6.
>
> Module: Loaded sql_log
>  sql_log: path = "/var/log/radius/radacct/sql-relay-main"
>  sql_log: Post-Auth = "INSERT INTO radpostauth (id, user, pass, reply, date)
> VALUES
> ('', '%{User-Name}', '%{RESTENA-Service-Type}', '%{reply:Packet-Type}', '%S')"
>  sql_log: sql_user_name = ""
>  sql_log: safe-characters
> = "@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789.-_: /"
> Module: Instantiated sql_log (sql_relay_main)
>
> (I'm very sure the config contains Start, Alive, Stop as well)

The accounting queries are handled differently. They aren't hard-coded
in the config, that's why you can't see them in the debug output of
the parser.

--
Nicolas Baradakis