Spliting National & International

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Jun 27 13:51:50 CEST 2007

pmacct is a package that contains a number of daemons capable of different
things. pmacctd can listen in promiscuous mode (on a switch span/monitor
port) or simply capture all traffic which passes through an interface (if
the linux box is routing the traffic) and aggregate that traffic according
to various rules and write to a sql database or text file. It uses libpcap
style rules like tcpdump so it is very flexible.

nfacctd and sfacctd take netflow data exported from ciscos and sflow data
exported from HP and other devices respectively and give you similar
functionality as pmacctd without your linux box having to see the traffic
pass it's own interface. You can of course collect traffic data from
multiple devices in different parts of your network.

Basically none of this is related at all to RADIUS, so I suggest you join the
pmacct list if you have any further questions. The only bit that may need to
be integrated with radius is the source IP lookup if your users don't have
static IP addresses...

Cheers

Peter

--