Question about dictionnary

Thomas LAVIGNE thomas.lavigne at becyber.be
Wed Jun 27 15:30:57 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

Thank you verry much for your help. If you have firewall or VPN problem
I will be more able to help you.

I made a find command for "redback" but it returned no result.
The same command for "dictionary" returned two results :
One in /etc/freeradius/dictionary
and one in /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary

The first one only contain an include of the second one.
And on the second one there is a warning to not edit it.
So I guess I need to modify the first one. Here is the things in need to
add into the dictionary :
*
User specific information:*
     Username          aNiceUserName
      Password          aGoodPassword
***Common value for all users*
      Service-Type      framed-user
      Framed-Protocol   ppp
      Framed-IP-address 255.255.255.254
*Common value for a specific adslprofile * (there is six profiles, each
users have one).
      Redback-Subscriber-Profile    <Subscriber profile name>

Where and how to add these "words" into the dictionary.

By the way, we want to manage users into a mySQL DB.
Does it affect mySQL configuration ? Maybe I need to add field in table ?

Thank you again for reading me.

Kind regard,

Thomas
---------------

Peter Nixon wrote:
> On Wed 27 Jun 2007, tnt at kalik.co.yu wrote:
>
>> There is a redback dictionary included with freeradius (do locate redback
>> to find it). I would check that attributes they want to use are missing
>> before replacing it (you do have a file to replace it with?).
>>

> Additionally, if there are new RedBack attributes that our dictionaries don't
> have, please let us know what they are so that we can add them.
>
> Cheers

Original post :

Hello all,

I'm new to the world of Linux and FreeRadius and of course also new to
this list.
I need to build up a Radius Server with FreeRadius. It will answere
request coming from ADSL users, relayed by a RadisuProxySmartEdge Redback.

On my test server, I've successfully installed the OS, FreeRadius the
MySQL server, the SSH server, apache and phpmyadmin.
Some Radius Client test show that it seems to work with a test-user in
MySQl Database. I got Access-Accept.

My problem is that the customer ask me to ?change/add? dictionary for
supporting "RedBack attributes".
I need to add user name and password for each users and and three common
value for all users.

I'm not sure how to do that. Include an other file, modify the main
dictionary file ? Can someone please explain me how to play with dictionary.
Everything was installed this WE, so I guess I have all the last
version. (some guide I found talk about unexisting folder, or about
radiusd which seems little bit different of FreeRadius).

I hope I was clear enough. Thank you for reading me. Any help will be
greatly appreciate.

Good night.

Regards,

Thomas