2.0.0 Depracated conditional expansion ":-"

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Wed Jun 27 20:48:51 CEST 2007

The default mysql-dialup.conf queries are generating a lot of these
warnings:

WARNING: Deprecated conditional expansion ":-".  See "man unlang" for
details
        expand: INSERT INTO radpostauth (id, user, pass, reply, date)
VALUES ('', '%{User-Name}', '%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}',
'%{reply:Packet-Type}', '%S') -> INSERT INTO radpostauth (id, user, pass,
reply, date)                           VALUES ('', 'radiustest', 'test123',
'Access-Accept', '2007-06-27 13:34:51')

I'm assuming the warning is telling me that things like
'%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}' should now be
'%{%{User-Password}:-%{Chap-Password}}', as per 'man unlang':

    Conditional Syntax
        Conditional syntax similar to that used in Unix shells may also
        be used.

        %{%{Foo}:-bar}
               If %{Foo} has a value, returns that value.
               Otherwise, returns literal string "bar".

        %{%{Foo}:-%{Bar}}
               If %{Foo} has a value, returns that value.
               Otherwise, returns the expansion of %{Bar}.

This is the same for every conditional variable in the mysql-dialup.conf
file, of which there are quite a few.  If they do need changing, I'll be
quite happy to do that and send you a fixed file.

   -- hugh