[SOLVED] CHAP Modification

ChristosH christov at aztecamobile.com
Fri Mar 2 18:15:56 CET 2007

Alan DeKok-4 wrote:

>   Um... rlm_example?  Or the files in doc/?
>
>   It's not like the module system is that complicated.  A C file, a tiny
> Makefile, and you're pretty much done.
>
>> Or would I just include the chappatch.c file in the same directory,
>> include the header file chappatch.h into the rlm_chap.c file (where do
>> you
>> stick the header files?) and recompile the whole thing?
>
>   You can do that if you want.  But rlm_chap may change, and your patch
> may not work any more.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

I can't seem to find where in rlm_example it tells me how to create all the
stuff to integrate my own module.

I get that I'm going to have to create a slightly modified 'clone' of
rlm_chap, and it's going to have to have it's own header file and makefile
(for right now I'll refer to my module as rlm_altchap). The makefile looks
relatively easy to do, the header looks simple enough also (just has to list
functions contained in my module).

Now, how do I make sure that my new module is included? Is everything in the
modules folder complied in with FreeRadius every time you make it?

Finally, how would I also set the module to intercept any CHAP requests? I
was thinking to set the Auth-Type := altCHAP.