IP based Proxy routing problem

freeradius freeradius_ml at r2sic.com
Tue Mar 6 21:52:35 CET 2007

Good Evening,

I’m actually using the realm based proxy routing and trying to configure
a NAS IP Address based proxy routing.

*_Main Problem :_*

1/ I’ve moved the line “files” before the line “suffix” in the
radiusd.conf file to force the radius server to check the files before
the realm usage in the login.

Did I do it right ?

2/ I’ve added a test line :

TestUser Client-IP-Address == 192.168.1.128/28, Proxy-To-Realm := ServerA

I’ve restarted the freeradius deamon for the server to take care of the
changes.

--> It _does not work_ as described in the debug output :

modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns notfound for request 34

3/ I’ve changed the test line to :

TestUser Client-IP-Address == 192.168.1.129, Proxy-To-Realm := ServerA

I’ve restarted the freeradius deamon for the server to take care of the
changes.

--> It _does work_ as described in the debug output :

users: Matched entry TestUser at line 19

modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 4

Could you give to me a good advise to help me ?

*_Other Question : _*

Do I need the same configuration in the “users”, “acct_users” and
“preproxy_users” files ?

Sincerely,

Philippe