Freeradius and vlan assignment

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 12 10:12:38 CET 2007

Hi,

> I tried to configure my users file like this :
> -----
> test                                            NasPort-Type == Ethernet
>                Service-Type = Framed-User,
>                Tunnel-Type +=13,
>                Tunnel-Medium-Type =6,
>                Tunnel-Private-Group-ID =2
> -----------------

Tunnel-Medium-Type = "IEEE-802",
Tunnel-Type = "VLAN",
Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = "2"

this is a 'change this setting' type of return value rather
than a check and comparison version. it also avoids playing
with dictionary files etc - a plain method for your cisco kit.
you may also need to return a 'UPDATED' flag - these values
are much easier to return via eg rlm_perl than the users file
(or rlm_sql if you feel that way inclined too!)

alan