Freeradius 1.1.5 on RH 7.3 crashes

Dario Palmisano Dario.Palmisano at icgeb.org
Wed Mar 14 16:32:32 CET 2007

Hi Alan,

no, many crashed were spontaneus (I do not know the internals of radiusd, but
from time to time It reloads, maybe as response to a passwd file changed or
so). Then I tried to send an HUP signal, after the server authenticated some
clients, and few seconds (20-40) later the server crashed.

Unfortunately the log does not show the activity during the crash, maybe
someone can suggest me how to get more detailed log.

Thanks

Dario

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 16:17, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > clients to work, included the Vista clients) but then invariably it
> > crashed. Apparently, (from the various logs attached) it always crashed
> > after the configuration reload, but it is not evident if immedialtely
> > after the reload or some time later.
>
> are you 'HUP'ing the server at those times to reload the config? I
> too have noticed change in behaviour with 1.1.5 regarding HUP of
> the server. 1.1.4 was fine, but a HUP on 1.1.5 can kill the process
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Dario Palmisano
ICGEB Computer System & Network Administrator

Tel:              +39 040 3757330
Fax:              +39 040 226555
E-Mail:           Dario.Palmisano at icgeb.org

International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Area Science Park, Padriciano 99,  I-34012 Trieste, ITALY