Reject authentication attempts based on "cli" value?

markcapelle at pcmc.com markcapelle at pcmc.com
Thu Mar 15 17:23:23 CET 2007

It is a Cisco WLAN 4402.  For reference, here is a log entry from a user
connecting from the Guest network:

   Thu Mar 15 07:10:52 2007 : Auth: Login OK: [guestuser] (from client
PCMCWLANCTRLR1 port 0 cli 192.168.100.101)

And here is a log entry from someone connecting via 802.1x on another
network:

   Thu Mar 15 07:26:36 2007 : Auth: Login OK: [DOMAIN\\guestuser] (from
client PCMCWLANCTRLR1 port 1 cli 00-12-F0-19-6E-B3)

As you can see the only way I have to differentiate these two auth attempts
is via the "cli" value.  192.168.100.x is the subnet range of my Guest
network.  I want all auth attempts from 192.168.100.x to be rejected.

Hope someone can help me out with this.

Thanks.

>Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:55:55 -0400
>From: "King, Michael" <MKing at bridgew.edu>
>Subject: RE:
>     <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
>
>What manufacturer makes the NAS (the wireless controller?)
>
>I would look to the Called-Station field.  Usually (Based on Cisco AP's)
this is the MAC of the AP, followed by the SSID they connected to.