How do I not set Auth-Type?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Mar 18 22:27:47 CET 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:

>   In addition, if anyone can figure out a clear way to configure this in
> the server, I'd like to know...

How about a config item like so:

username	Pap-Auth-DelegateTo := "moduleinstancename"

and make rlm_pap the ONLY valid option in authorize/authenticate.

rlm_pap, when called in authenticate, checks if the config item is set.
If so, it finds the given module instance and passes the authenticate
request to it.

Many of the "oracles" (nice name) need little or no code to be executed
in authorize. LDAP is about the only one I can think of.

I could see this having real use in other situations - it would obviate
the need for Autz-Type in some "merger" situations.