pam_radius_auth

Dan Delaney drd at dls.net
Tue Mar 20 17:01:50 CET 2007

Looking for some help on configuring pam_radius_auth with linux for pop3 and
imap services.

Anyone have any clues?

I currently have my /etc/pam.d/pop3 and imap files showing:

auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so try_first_pass

account    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so try_first_pass

When I authtest -s pop3 user1 password1  it will pass (this is a management
account)

However if I authtest -s pop3 user2 password2, it fails authentication
saying the passwords did not match (when I know they did)

Whats even stranger is that when I pass user2 with no password, it passes
authentication...

I am not using freeradius that I know of (the radius server is on a OpenVMS
machine) and this linux box is just a client.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Dan Delaney