some doubts, im newbie, radius authentication and mysql.

alex alex at mordormx.net
Sat Mar 24 21:20:20 CET 2007

Hey guys, we setup freeradius with mysql and radius manager 2.
After the installation the mysql integration looks good. We add users and everything looks ok
in the case of wireless users, they provide the mac address and here is where we have some doubts.
If we add a user i can see that radius manager does not add records to some tables, that appear in some queries in the sql.conf i mean
SELECT radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = '00:09:5b:65:98:b0' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id
I checked that tables and are empty.

Only the first query looks to have a valid result.
SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE Username = '00:09:5b:65:98:b0'           ORDER BY id
After that the other queries doesnt have a valid answer, so the user uis rejected.
My question is, in the sql.conf, if i comment the queries that are searching in the empty tables, could fix the problem? or the problem is in the radius manager 2, when it add a user and is not adding to the other tables?
Thanks in advance!
Alex

users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 65
radius_xlat:  '/usr/local/bin/mtauth.pl 00:09:5b:65:98:b0 00-09-5b-65-98-b0'
modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 205
radius_xlat:  '00:09:5b:65:98:b0'
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> '00:09:5b:65:98:b0'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE Username = '00:09:5b:65:98:b0'           ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = '00:09:5b:65:98:b0' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM radreply           WHERE Username = '00:09:5b:65:98:b0'           ORDER BY id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = '00:09:5b:65:98:b0' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id'
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 205
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 205
rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
auth: type Local
auth: user supplied User-Password does NOT match local User-Password
auth: Failed to validate the user.