bandwidth and volume limit

fadli fadli79uk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 15:21:43 CEST 2007

A) bandwidth limit
You can use WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Down and WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Up attribute to
limit the bandwidth. they should be inserted in radreply or groupradreply
table. But you need to modify NAS firewall to force the attribute to user.

I use chillispot. In the NAS I force all user Internet session to use tun0
device which is created by chillispot. This is my rule for forward chain :

# iptables -P FORWARD DROP
# iptables -F FORWARD
# iptables -A FORWARD -o tun0-j ACCEPT
# iptables -A FORWARD -i tun0 -j ACCEPT

b) volume limit.
I face the same problem too when dealing with freeradius 1.1.3. but after
upgrade to freeradius 1.1.4, the problems solved itself, no more
Session Time generated, but only AcctInputOctet. I suggest you to upgrade to
Freeradius 1.1.4. but if you insist to stick on current version, you must
create some perl script to help freeradius server to generate AcctInputOctet
for accounting.

On 3/22/07, Mathieu Lemaitre <mlemaitre at walan.biz> wrote:

> HI all,
>
> I'm running freeradius 1.0.2 on a debian stable. For new clients, I need
> to implement 2 functions:
>
> * a bandwidth limit on a per-user basis. I mean, I need to be able to
> set, for a user, a value for his upstream and downstream bw, which is
> sent by the radius as a reply attribute. Are they predefined attributes
> to do this?
>
> * a volume limit: I'd like to be able to set a maximum amount of data
> monthly downloadable for each user.  I tried with rlm_slqcounter,
> changing the sql request to check AcctInputOctet instead of SessionTime,
> but the problem is that radius always reply an attribute called
> MaxSessionTime (or sthg like that), containing the remaining data volume
> for the user... is there as way to change the name of the attribute
> answered by freeradius??
>
> Many thaks,
>

> Mathieu
> -