chap rlm_sql authentication problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Mar 30 15:52:23 CEST 2007

Andrew Long wrote:
> Now we're taking a step back because I tried changing the username
> on the NAS and in the SQL and can no longer authenticate with :( NTRADPING.

  Why use ntradping?  Use radclient.

  And you're using CHAP... which is why it doesn't match.

> 1176	hiegalleria_cn3200	password	PASSWORD_HERE	==

  Change the attribute name to Cleartext-Password, and the operator to ":=".

  See "man users" for an explanation of the operators.  You're comparing
the value to the User-Password in the request (which doesn't exist).
So... the comparison fails.