Assign Vlan based on Inner Identity

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 3 21:49:24 CEST 2007

Matt Ashfield wrote:
> Hi All
> I doubt my original post was doable, , it probably doesn't make sense to ask
> FR to be able to force Inner=Outer identity.
>
> In that case, would it be possible to perform authorization based on the
> Inner identity instead of the Outer identity?

Sure. See the "copy_request_to_tunnel" (which you may need) and
"use_tunneled_reply" (which you will need) config option on the
particular EAP type you're using, and put something like this into play:

DEFAULT	Freeradius-Proxied-To == 127.0.0.1, Autz-Type = "INNER"

...then in authorize:

authorize {
   preprocess
   files
   Autz-Type INNER {
     sql/ldap/files_2/whatever adds the vlan tag