FR with MySQL - Stored Procedures

Gunther freeradius at caribsms.com
Mon May 7 09:50:07 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote
>> I forgot to mention that the problem I reported previously is actually
>> not 'Stored Procedure' related, but related to the MySQL client_flag
>> 'CLIENT_MULTI_STATEMENTS'. This flag is required to support Stored
>> Procedures and is causing the problem  (at least with my operating
>> system (CentOS 4.4)). So no need to create any stored procedures ...
>> just compile FR with CLIENT_MULTI_STATEMENTS in the
>> rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/sql_mysql.c module.
>
>  OK.
>
>> Looking forward using Stored Procedures (no more 253 byte limit for my
>> SQL statements!!!).
>
>  Huh?  From the changelog in 1.1.5:
>
>	* Increase buffer size for dynamic expansion, which allows
>	  longer SQL qeuries.  (close: #405)
>
>  1.1.5 and 1.1.6 allow SQL queries up to 4k in length.  The only limit of
253 bytes is the data that has to go into a RADIUS packet.

>  Alan DeKok.

Thanks Alan!

OK, seems I am not really up-to-date ;-) Good to know that that limit has
been lifted.
When things work ... you hardly like to touch them ;-)
I thought this was a RADIUS definition issue and cannot be changed (rfc) as
I learned some time ago ...

Anyhow, the stored procedures is the way I like to proceed and it would be
great if I can use them within FreeRadius like other people apparently do.

Gunther