MySQL and postauth_query

George Embrey george at vmail.net.au
Tue May 8 05:13:14 CEST 2007

Queries to Windows MySQL servers from Linux Systems often fail unless
the lower_case_table_names parameter is set to 0 in the my.ini file in
the MySQL directory.
Have a look at your my.ini file in the mysql directory, look under
[mysqld] and if the setting is missing, insert it as shown below, then
restart the MySQL service on Windows.

Check this setting first, because on Linux, MySQL preserves the case of
everything, the default on Windows is to convert tablenames to lower
case, which causes Queries to fail from Linux machines to Windows based
MySQL servers.

Modify the my.ini file in the mysqld section to ensure case sensitivity
is adhered to on Windows as follows:

*[mysqld]
lower_case_table_names = 0
.
.
.
*
Hope this helps.

Cory Robson wrote:

>The problem is with your sql server not with freeradius, I'm using the exact
>same sql statement on one of my machines.
>
>MySQL runs fine with the original statement on a Linux derivative
>Seems an incompatibility issue.

George Embrey
CEO / Senior Systems Architect.
Vmail Internet Services Pty Ltd.