Must set auth-type - but why?

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri May 11 17:53:31 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 16:25 +0200, Alan DeKok wrote:
> >>   Yes, it does.
> >>
> > No, it doesn't (even with 'pap' last in the authorize section)
>
>   Then something else in your configuration is broken.  All I know is
> that a default install of 1.1.6, with that entry in the "users" file
> works for me.

Okay, problem solved :-)

The original radiusd.conf objected to my using 'MSCHAP' in the users
file, it should have been 'MS-CHAP'. Also, looking at my radiusd.conf
file I saw that it had:

    authenticate {
          Auth-Type PAP {
                  pap
          }

          mschap

          eap
    }

and it should have been:

          Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
                  mschap
          }

I have tested this, and PAP, MS-CHAP and EAP all work fine.

Many thanks for your help, and apologies for the

     It doesn't work
       Yes it does
     No it doesn't

dialogue!