Client-IP-Address not logged in detail

Milan Holub holub at thenet.ch
Thu May 17 11:54:59 CEST 2007

Hi Alan,

despite the note in radiusd.conf:
#  It also adds the %{Client-IP-Address} attribute to the request.
preprocess

it looks like that the attribute is not added:
>>>DEBUG
rlm_acct_unique: WARNING: Attribute Client-IP-Address was not found in
request, unique ID MAY be inconsistent
>>>DEBUG

and I do not find it in detail file neither(where I would need it for
radrelaying).

Apparently the attribute is available since I've written following dummy
instance of attr_rewrite module to add the attribute to detail file:
...from modules{}:
attr_rewrite add_clientip {
	attribute = Client-IP-Address
	searchin = packet
	searchfor = ".*"
	replacewith = "%{Client-IP-Address}"
	new_attribute = yes
	max_matches = 1
	append = no
}

and in accounting{} I have:
# add Client-IP-Address (fix)
add_clientip

# create detail file for radrelay(1.X binary)
radrelay-detail

I've compiled --without-udpfromto option - not sure whether it might
have any impact.

Is there something screwed with my config or the Client-IP-Address
attribute is really missing?

Thanks for reply.

Milan Holub
holub (at) thenet (dot) ch