Client-IP-Address not logged in detail

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 17 12:19:33 CEST 2007

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> Yep I noticed this too, trying to create unique accounting strings with
> Client-IP-Address / Packet-Src-IP-Address...

  The acct_unique module was written before the whole dynamic expansion
was finished.  As a result, it's not integrated into the rest of the server.

  It could be replaced by an accounting "hints" file, as:

DEFAULT
	Acct-Unique-Id = `%{md5:%{foo} %{bar}}`

  That requires an "md5" handler to be written, which isn't too hard.

  It should probably be done before 2.0.0, and the "acct_unique" module
should be marked as deprecated.