db performance

Angelos Karageorgiou angelos at unix.gr
Thu May 17 19:26:20 CEST 2007

Man thanks to all you folks for all the info.

Let me elucidate my situation a bit, the organization where I am
currently employed is split into factions. The faction I run is heavily
OSS friendly , the application development/ DBA faction is not!

I have deployed freeradius with mysql backends in the past with great
success (100K users etc.)
but the current people being insecure prefer to fork out 50K euros /
year for oracle RAC licenses
instead of looking into an "unsupported" platform

What I need is proof positive that mysql / postgresql is at least as
good as oracle for a radius DB.

Again thanks.

BTW , I have been using freeradius for a number of years , I would like
to thank the developers for an awesome product