Log Rotation

Jack J Allan jack.j.allan at gmail.com
Fri May 18 17:09:44 CEST 2007

On 5/18/07, Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org> wrote:

> Another solution would be to perform logging via syslog(3), which
> absolves radiusd from trapping and handling signals and file handlers.
> Syslog-ng already does this very well -- why duplicate all of that code?
> ~BAS

I've certainly looked at that possibility, the problem is that you cannot
separate your logging components nicely. I'd like to separate my radius.log,
sqltrace, detail logfiles per nas and all that. I'm afraid that syslog can't
do that and you'll run out of log facilities very quickly if you decided to
do it manually (e.g. one facility per logfile).

I found a workaround (no HUP) so I'm happy.

Jack