Can FAQ 6.10 please be fixed?

Jens Dreger jens.dreger at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 8 11:02:23 CET 2007

Hi!

It took me a while to figure out that FAQ 6.10:

 http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/FAQ#How_do_I_check_the_configuration_before_sending_a_HUP_to_the_server.3F

is simply no longer true. Checked the source: that option is gone. I
really really think that option should be there, though. I know there
is a shell script that starts a second server on a different port and
waits to see if it starts successfully. But that's also broken since
the -p Option doesn't seem to work in all cases:

~> strace -e bind freeradius -X -p 32768 2>&1 | grep port
 main: port = 1812
 listen: port = 0
bind(3, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(1812),   <--------------------
sin_addr=inet_addr("130.133.100.66")}, 16) = -1 EADDRINUSE (Address
already in use)
/etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf[228]: Error binding to port for
130.133.100.66:1812

Also, that approach is somewhat ridiculous considered the importance
of the radius server in our case.

I tried to change the Wiki entry but apparently I don't have permission
to do so. Can someone with write access to the Wiki please remove that
entry (or better, add the -C option back to freeradius ;)

Thanks,

Jens.

--
Jens Dreger                      Freie Universitaet Berlin
dreger at physik.fu-berlin.de       Fachbereich Physik - ZEDV