freeradius auto-vlan 3com switch 4500G

Krzysztof Olędzki krzysztof.oledzki at axelspringer.pl
Fri Nov 9 23:09:27 CET 2007

On 2007-11-09 20:52, Philippe Breton wrote:
> HI,
Hi,

> Has anyone successfully implemented auto-vlan with 3Com switch 4500G?
Successfully implemented with 5500G :)

> I am using the following tunneling attributes:
>
> ATTRIBUTE    Tunnel-Type               64    integer    has_tag
> ATTRIBUTE    Tunnel-Medium-Type        65    integer    has_tag
> ATTRIBUTE    Tunnel-Private-Group-Id   81    string    has_tag
> VALUE        Tunnel-Type               VLAN    13
> VALUE        Tunnel-Medium-Type        TMT802        6

No need to. Freeradius comes with very decent dictionary.

> The node is declared as followed:
>
> ##IT Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop -- DHCP
> 00-09-5b-61-52-0d  Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "00-09-5b-61-52-0d"
>                    Tunnel-Medium-Type = TMT802,
>                    Tunnel-Private-Group-id = 2,
>                    Tunnel-Type = VLAN,

Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802

> Although my radius access request shows that the access has been granted
> and the VLAN 2 assigned, the switch 4500G does not open its port on VLAN 2.
>
> I changed the tunnel-medium-type between TMT802 and 802, but that did
> not change anything.
>
> I am currently doing auto-vlan with 3com 4400 with the same
> configuration and it is working like a charm. Any idea why the switch
> does automatically adjust?

4400 and 4500G models have completely different hardware and software.

> Any beginning of information is welcome.

Did you setup your switch properly:

domain (...)
  vlan-assignment-mode string

>         Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:0 = "2u"

AFAIK "u" tagging does not work with this model. Drop it.

Best regards,

			Krzysztof Olędzki