RLM_python patch to enable postproxy - Not work need a little help

Mike O'Connor freeradius at pineview.net
Tue Nov 13 09:09:53 CET 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Mike O'Connor wrote:
>
>> I wrote the attached patch for Freeradius 1.1.7 to enabled calling
>> python in the post-proxy, it compiles but will not run when the hook is
>> listed in post-proxy because Freeradius complains that there is no
>> support for post-proxy in rlm_python.
>>

>   You didn't install the new version of rlm_python.  So it's still
> linking to the old rlm_python, without post-proxy support.

Maybe I'm not getting your but even the lastest cvs does not have any
post-proxy or post-auth support.

module_t rlm_python = {
    RLM_MODULE_INIT,
    "python",
    RLM_TYPE_THREAD_SAFE,       /* type */
    python_instantiate,     /* instantiation */
    python_detach,          /* detach */
    {
        python_authenticate,    /* authentication */
        python_authorize,   /* authorization */
        python_preacct,     /* preaccounting */
        python_accounting,  /* accounting */
        python_checksimul,  /* checksimul */
        NULL,           /* pre-proxy */
        NULL,           /* post-proxy */
        NULL            /* post-auth */
    },
};

My code added the post-proxy but when I tried to use it freeradius would
complain that rlm_python did not support being called from the post-auth
section of radiusd.conf.
>> My question is where in the source is the list of allowed call per module ?
>>

>   No.  The *only* interaction is in the modules.

That's what I would have thought which is why what I saw did not make
any senses. It would report finding my config section for the post-proxy
but when added to the config it would not start freeradius.

Thanks
Mike