Post-Auth REJECT - conditional sql

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 15 09:33:14 CET 2007

Rachel Primrose wrote:
> So, here is the order of operations:
>
> 1.  User is trying to log in with user at realm.com
>
> 2.  The LNS first tries to authenticate the realm.  It sends through
> an access request packet to our radius server with
> User-Name=realm.com, Service-Type=Dialout-Framed-User and Password =
> cisco.
> For certain realms only, we want to accept the request, and pass back
> some cisco specific attributes.  For the rest of the realms, we want
> to just reject the request.

  So configure that:

DEFAULT Service-Type == Dialout-Framed-User, User-Name != "realm.com",
Auth-Type := Reject

  This goes at the *top* of the "users" file.

> 3a.  If the LNS gets an accept packet back with cisco attributes, it
> forwards an access request with user at realm.com to a third party LNS.

  And configure an entry AFTER the one above, replying with the
appropriate Cisco attributes:

realm.com Service-Type == Dialout-Framed-User, User-Password == "cisco",
Auth-Type := Accept
	cisco stuff
	Fall-Through = No

> 3b.  If the LNS gets a reject packet back, it will then send an access
> request packet to our radius server with User-Name = user at realm.com,
> Service-Type=Framed-User and Password = user-provided password.
>
> 4.  We then authenticate/authorize against an ldap server, hence the
> term ldap_user.

   Then list "ldap" after "file" in the "authorize" section.  Also list
"ldap" in the authenticate section.

> By conditionally run, I mean when the first access request packet with
> just the realm arrives and is rejected, we do not want to log it in
> the Post-Auth-Type REJECT section.

  It's difficult to do that in 1.1.x.