Newbie question - number of radius requests per session?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 17:40:21 CET 2007

Hi,

> Thanks for everyone's help.  I have it working nicely now, but have one
> more situation I just started testing.
>
> I want to use the same radius servers to authenticate users on a
> different wireless network though a captive portal to the same
> eDirectory servers via LDAP.
>
> In order for the captive portal authentication to work, I had to put
> LDAP back in the authorize section, which breaks all the work I just did
> to reduce the calls to the eDirectory servers for my other network that
> uses 802.1X.
>
> Is there a way around this to have both working at the same time?

when using captive portal, all requests will come from one single
NAS or client-IP address - that of the captive portal. simply add
in an authenication type and call for that client...eg rough example

DEFAULT Client-IP-Address == 1.2.3.4 Autz-Type := CAPTIVE

than in the authorize section

        Autz-Type CAPTIVE {
        ldap
        }

...and remove that ldap that you put back into the main section.

this info isnt 100% complete - but should get your mind down the right track.

alan