SLES 10 + Oracle

Stefan Kohler stef at internetchefs.de
Wed Nov 21 10:50:53 CET 2007

Am Mi, 21.11.2007, 10:16, schrieb Stefan Kohler:

> Am Mi, 21.11.2007, 00:37, schrieb Peter Nixon:
>> On Tue 20 Nov 2007, Stefan Kohler wrote:
>>> Hi users,
>>>
>>> I have a problem compiling a RPM-package for SLES10 and I followed
>>> the instructions on the WIKI-sites. All dependecies are installed and
>>> I also installed the Oracle rpms (oracle-instantclient-basic and
>>> oracle-instantclient-devel), so all headers and stuff should be
>>> installed.
>>>
>>> Now I am trying to build the RPM (as mentioned above all dependencies
>>> are installed) and I get the following message:
>>>
>>> "RPM build errors:
>>> 	File not found by glob: /var/tmp/freeradius-1.1.7-build/usr/lib/
>>> freeradius/rlm_sql_oracle*.so*"
>>
>> configure is likely not finding your oracle headers.. Look at the output
>> of
>> configure (near the start of the build process)
>>

> Thanks for the hint Peter, it helped a litte, but I am still having
> problems.
> I looked into the whole thing again and found out, that in the SPECS-file
> the lib dir is set to:
>
> --with-oracle-lib-dir=%{_libdir}/oracle/10.1.0.3/client/lib/ \
>
> The newest version is Oracle 11.1.0.1, so I changed the directory, which
> is now giving no "No oracle headers found" errors anymore (Is 10.1.0.3 the
> only supported version?). Now I am getting:
>
> "error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> /etc/raddb/postgresqlippool.conf"
>
> when running rpmbuild -ba freeradius.specs! Has anyone experienced these
> problems before? Can anyone help me, please?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Cheers
>
> - Stefan
>
> --
> stef (at) internetchefs (dot) de

Sorry, my fault. I am still getting the "No oracle headers found" error. I
have oracle-instantclient-basic (/usr/lib/oracle/11.1.0.1) and
oracle-instantclient-devel (/usr/include/oracle/11.1.0.1).

Looking for header files I tried
--with-oracle-home-dir=/usr/include/oracle/11.1.0.1/client , due to the
*.h files in that directory. That does not work. Any more hints? I do not
know what else to do. I have tried both directories. It says checking for
"oci.h" when running "./configure" and that file is in
"/usr/include/oracle/11.1.0.1/client", but can not be found when I use
this directory in "--with-oracle-home-dir=...".

Thank you in advance and sorry for the wrong post earlier!

- Stefan

--
stef (at) internetchefs (dot) de