WPA HOWTO

OLIVER Patrice patrice.oliver at ch-beaune.fr
Wed Nov 21 12:09:24 CET 2007

Do this

1) Be root.
2) create de directory (freeradius for example)
mkdir freeradius
cd freeradius

3) Follow these instructions :
apt-get update
apt-get build-dep freeradius
apt-get source freeradius
apt-get install libssl-dev fakeroot
apt-get source freeradius

cd freeradius-1.1.x/debian/
(1.1.x is the version)

Edit de control file

modify these two lines :
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), libltdl3-dev, libpam0g-dev, libmysqlclient15-dev | libmysqlclient-dev,
libgdbm-dev, libldap2-dev, libsasl2-dev, libiodbc2-dev, libkrb5-dev, snmp, autotools-dev, dpatch (>=
2), libperl-dev, libtool, dpkg-dev (>= 1.13.19), libssl-dev
Build-Conflicts:

removing what is after 'Build-Conflics'

Add this at the end of the file :
Package: freeradius-eaptls
Architecture: any
Depends: freeradius (= ${binary:Version}), ${shlibs:Depends}
 Debian will not provide a binary version of the rlm_eap_tls.so library. This
 module is required if you want to use EAP/TLS authentication, commonly used
 for WiFi access points

Package: freeradius-eappeap
Architecture: any
Depends: freeradius (= ${binary:Version}), ${shlibs:Depends}
 Debian will not provide a binary version of the rlm_eap_peap.so library. This
 module is required if you want to use EAP/PEAP authentication, commonly used
 for WiFi access points

Save the control file

Edit de rules file
Modify it to get something like this :
buildssl=--without-rlm_otp --without-rlm_sql_postgresql --without-snmp
modulelist=krb5 ldap sql_mysql sql_iodbc eap_peap eap_tls

Save it

Create a file named freeradius-eaptls.install, containing :
usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_eap_tls*.so

Create a file named freeradius-eaptls.postinst, containing :
#! /bin/sh

set -e

case "$1" in
 configure)
       if [ -x "`which invoke-rc.d 2>/dev/null`" ]; then
         invoke-rc.d freeradius restart
       else
         /etc/init.d/freeradius restart
       fi
       ;;
 abort-upgrade)
       ;;
 abort-remove)
       ;;
 abort-deconfigure)
       ;;
esac

#DEBHELPER#

Create a file named freeradius-eappeap.install, containing :
usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_eap_peap*.so

Create a file named freeradios-eappeap.postinst, containing :
#! /bin/sh

set -e

case "$1" in
 configure)
       if [ -x "`which invoke-rc.d 2>/dev/null`" ]; then
         invoke-rc.d freeradius reload
       else
         /etc/init.d/freeradius reload
       fi
       ;;
 abort-upgrade)
       ;;
 abort-remove)
       ;;
 abort-deconfigure)
       ;;
esac

#DEBHELPER#

cd .. (so you are si freeradius/freeradius-1.1.x directory)
dpkg-buildpackage -r -uc -us
After a few minutes, you will get your new packages in freeradius directory.

After, you just have to protect your installation from upgrades. See google for that, I don't have the
documentation here.

Cordialement,

Patrice OLIVER
Chef du Projet Ville Hôpital