mod_auth_radius add_cookie segfault

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Mon Nov 26 22:15:14 CET 2007

Greetings,

I am having some issues with mod_auth_radius causing httpd to segfault
when "set_cookie" is called.

The server in question is CentOS 4.5, with httpd-2.0.52-32.3 and
apr-0.9.4-24.5.c4.2 RPMs installed.

I downloaded mod_auth_radius from
http://www.freeradius.org/mod_auth_radius/mod_auth_radius-2.0.c

It compiled correctly via apxs after I added
#include "apr_compat.h"

I compiled with the following line:
apxs -i -a -c mod_auth_radius-2.0.c

I have the following in the .htaccess for the directory I wish to protect:
<IfModule mod_auth_radius-2.0.c>
AddRadiusAuth 10.10.17.15:1812 secret 5:3
AuthName "RADIUS Access"
AuthType Basic
Require valid-user
AuthRadiusActive On
</IfModule>

If I access the page, I am presented with a basic authtype prompt --
however, after I enter a valid username and password, the httpd child
segfaults:

[Mon Nov 26 15:00:01 2007] [notice] child pid 21136 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

I know that the issue is in the set_cookie routine, because if I comment out
the "set_cookie" call after a successful authentication and recompile, the segfault does
not happen.  However, this results in a RADIUS call for every single GET
request, which is not desired.  I am not proficient in C, so if anyone has
any suggestions as to further troubleshooting/resolution for this issue, I
would appreciate the input, off or on-list.

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)