radwho question....

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 2 18:46:12 CEST 2007

Chris Bradshaw wrote:
> I am using freeradius 1.0.1 on a Red Hat Ent Linux v4 server as an
> authentication backend for our wireless network.

  You really should upgrade, but that's another story.

> I have noticed that if I run radwho, I seem to only see the name of
> the user from the 'outside' of the tunnel (in this case
> 'anonymous')....as a result its not possible to tell who is connected
> at any one time.

  The NAS is responsible for sending the "anonymous" user name.  If you
want the NAS to send something different, you have to send the inner
tunnel user name back in the Access-Accept.

  See "use_tunneled_reply" in the configuration for the EAP module.

> Also I have noticed that the fields tend to get truncated:
>
> Login      Name              What  TTY  When      From      Location
> anonymous  anonymous         shell >999 Tue 16:00 10.10.2.9
>
> The IP address above should be 10.10.2.96.

  Change the format of the "printf" command in radwho.