rlm_Python - PyExc_IOError

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 3 07:54:55 CEST 2007

Mike O'Connor wrote:
> I decided to try freeradius-2.0.0-pre2 and its give a much clear idea of
> the problem.
> The issue seems to be that the rlm_python module is having trouble

  I suspect it's a shared library problem.  The time.so library depends
on another one that contains PyExc_IOError.  However, that dependency is
NOT recorded in time.so.  That dependency is also NOT built into
FreeRADIUS (or rlm_python), as it as no idea which Python library
depends on which other Python library.

  I suggesting finding out out which library contains that symbol, and
then re-building rlm_python to link to that library.