radwho question....

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 4 09:21:48 CEST 2007

Chris Bradshaw wrote:
> The debug output was pretty much the same as my first email. I have
> attached it below anyway. This debug output was taken with freeradius
> 1.1.7 and the following configured:
>
> * Enabled use_tunneled_reply & copy_request_to_tunnel.
>
> * Have the following in the users file:
> DEFAULT FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To == 127.0.0.1
>        User-Name := `%{User-Name}`

  You still have it sending "anonymous" in the Access-Accept.  Fix that.
 Stop doing anything else until it sends the real user name.

> Am I correct in saying that the NAS will send an Accounting-Request
> using the User-Name it received in the previous Access-Accept?

  Yes.

> If so, how can it be the fault of the NAS if freeradius (in spite of
> trying the settings above) is still sending an Access-Accept with
> User-Name set to anonymous?

  It's not.  You're not configuring FreeRADIUS properly.

  Put this at the TOP of the "users" file:

# test
DEFAULT
	User-Name := "bob"
# end of test

  verify that the final Access-Accept contains the user name "bob", and
the accounting request contains the user name "bob".

  Then, delete that entry, and READ THE DEBUG LOG to see why the other
entry you have isn't being used.