Acct-Status-Type attribute

Walter Gould gouldwp at auburn.edu
Thu Oct 4 15:43:42 CEST 2007

Kevin Bonner wrote:
> Access-Request is not from an accounting packet.  You have a detail module
> listed in your authorize or post-auth section which is adding this data to
> the detail-combined file.  You should have something similar to this in your
> radiusd.conf file:

Thanks for your reply.  You were right about this.

> ===
> modules {
> detail detail-radrelay {
>   detailfile = ${radacctdir}/detail-combined
>   detailperm = 0600
>   locking = yes
> }
> }
> accounting {
>   detail-radrelay
> }
> ===

I have put sections like this in my radiusd.conf file, but now - I am
getting no data in the detail-combined file.  I have checked permissions
on the file and it is owned by user radiusd and group radiusd.  Also,
there are no related errors in my radius.log file.  Why would I not be
getting any accounting data written to this file?  Seems like something
is still mis-configured.

Below are my config sections related to this:

modules {
 detail detail-combined {
                detailfile = ${radacctdir}/detail-combined
                detailperm = 0600
                dirperm = 0755
                locking = yes

accounting {
        detail-combined

Also, I have run radiusd in debug mode and it loads the above module
fine.

Thanks for any assistance,

Walter