EAP+MD5+SQL trouble

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 10 01:28:43 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 16:33 -0500, Syaoran Li wrote:
> Actually, all the way from the beginning, "CleartextPassword" has been
> set (without an Auth-Type) but for some reason the program chooses
> Local automatically. It is probably a default setting of FreeRadius to

No

>  go Local when it doesn't find an Auth method.

Something is setting Auth-Type to Local. From the debug you listed, the
only modules which execute in "authorize" are:

 * preprocess
 * suffix (realm module)
 * sql
 * eap

Since "suffix" and "eap" return noop, one of the following must be the
case

 * Auth-Type is being set in preprocess (virtually impossible, and not a
server default)
 * Auth-Type is being set in SQL
 * You edited the debug
 * You mangled the debug
 * There is some amazing bug in FreeRadius which no-one else has seen.

I suggest you look in SQL again, carefully.

> However, what I don't understand is why it doesn't find an
> authentication method if I have already configured the EAP.conf file
> with MD5 and have it in the Authorize and Authenticate sections of
> radiusd.conf

It doesn't find an authentication method because you have overridden it,
by setting Auth-Type to Local.

This is the fourth time you've been told this.