eDirectory Authentication

Brad Lachel stuff at d155.org
Thu Oct 11 16:10:04 CEST 2007

Ok so my pie in the sky hopes are not possible.

How do I set this up so that we can authenticate with eDirectory.  I
can skip the MAC authentication.

On Oct 11, 2007, at 8:50 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:

>> We are currently using our RADIUS server to do one thing.  It is
>> authenticating wireless users via Mac address through access points.
>> Very clean, very simple.  We would like to increase the security a
>> bit
>> by having the users authenticate against eDirectory as well.
>
>   RADIUS doesn't work like that.  It authenticates a user
> session... once.
>
>   To put it another way, read your NAS documentation to see how to
> configure it so that it authenticates both MAC and user through
> RADIUS.
>  If it doesn't say it's possible, then it's not possible.

Brad Lachel
stuff at d155.org

All e-mail to and from this address is subject to the Acceptable Use Policies of Community High School District #155. All e-mail may be monitored and/or disclosed to third parties. Any views or opinions presented in an e-mail are solely those of the author and may not represent those of Community High School District #155.

Community High School District #155
http://www.d155.org