problem in integeration with poptop

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 17 11:03:12 CEST 2007

hadi golestani wrote:
> I've add that line and comment ntlm line but still some error( tnx god
> it's not the same error)
>
> my radtest syntax:
> radtest root rootpassword localhost.localdomain 1645 testing123
>
> modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 4

  <sigh>  You deleted most of the debug log.  If you don't know what the
problem is, you don't know what's important in the debug log, and what's
not important.

> rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
> Authentication may fail because of this.
>   modcall[authorize]: module "pap" returns noop for request 4
> modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 4
>   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
> auth: type "System"

  So you didn't put the entry at the TOP of the "users" file.  The FAQ
contains instructions for getting simple PAP authentication working.
It's really not hard.

> i've attached radius.conf and users and output of debug mode for both
> radtest and vpn client.

  Why?  The problem is simple: you haven't followed the instructions in
the FAQ for PAP authentication.