rlm_sqlcounter and user realms

Carlos A. Carnero Delgado carloscarnero at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:30:31 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to set rlm_sqlcounter up so that I can check for a monthly
use quota. Everything works, except the checks. The NAS present the
user names with a realm, which I'm processing (thus, user at realm
becomes user.) Using SQL for accounting and such is working marvelous.

Now, when I configured/activated rlm_sqlcounter as per the
instructions at http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sqlcounter it will not
work because the SQL checks are using the pre-processed user name:

  SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime)
    FROM radacct
    WHERE UserName='%{%k}'

will use 'user at realm' instead of just 'user'.

My question is, how can I modify this query definition (and the others
from sqlcounter.conf) so that they really check against the stripped
user name.

Thanks a lot,
Carlos.
--
<nick> grah windows just crashed again, unstable crap.
<yukito> Windows isn't unstable, it's just spontaneous.