SSL certificate problems

Walter Gould gouldwp at auburn.edu
Fri Oct 26 17:54:09 CEST 2007

List,

I am following the document "FreeRADIUS Active Directory Integration
HOWTO" from the freeradius Wiki.  I am having problems with  creating
SSL certificates.  When I follow the instructions at the bottom of this
doc and run the CA.all script, I see the following errors:

+ openssl pkcs12 -export -in demoCA/cacert.pem -inkey newreq.pem -out
root.p12 -cacerts -passin pass:removed -passout pass:removed
Error opening input file demoCA/cacert.pem
demoCA/cacert.pem: No such file or directory
+ openssl pkcs12 -in root.p12 -out root.pem -passin pass:removed
-passout pass:removed
Error opening input file root.p12
root.p12: No such file or directory
+ openssl x509 -inform PEM -outform DER -in root.pem -out root.der
Error opening Certificate root.pem
3925:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or
directory:bss_file.c:352:fopen('root.pem','r')
3925:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:354:
unable to load certificate

I saw a mailing list posting that said to move the CA.all script and the
xpextensions file to the /etc/raddb/certs directory and run it from
there, however after doing that I still receive the same errors.
Anybody have any ideas on this?  After googling awhile, it seems like
this might be an openssl syntax error w/in the script.

Also, I am using FreeRADIUS 1.1.3 (CentOS rpm install).

Thanks,
Walter