web based admin

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Mon Oct 29 14:58:13 CET 2007

On Mon 29 Oct 2007, Hawkins, Michael wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am very familiar with Cisco Secure ACS for AAA of Cisco devices. I am
> considering using FreeRadius at another customer site instead of Cisco
> Secure ACS.
>
> Will I still be able to control command execution (authorization) etc
> via FreeRadius? Or would I be restricted to authentication only?

By using the word "still" it implies that SecureACS can do this also, but as
far as I know, unless something has changed recently, cisco equipment only
supports this feature with TACACS+ and not RADIUS.. Comparing a SecureACS
TACACS+ server with FreeRADIUS is comparing apples and oranges...

FreeRADIUS is generally MUCH more powerfull than SecureACS in its RADIUS
functionality.. FreeRADIUS, doe not however support TACACS+ at present..

--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/