Problems using freeradius with ldap

Sergio Belkin sbelki at palermo.edu
Tue Sep 4 16:38:45 CEST 2007

El Tuesday 04 September 2007 11:09:33 A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk escribió:
> Hi,
>
> > OK, I am trying to compile the fresh version, but when I run make, it
> > outputs at the end:
> >
> > In file included from rlm_sqlippool.c:37:
> > /root/freeradius-1.1.7/src/include/modpriv.h:7:18: error: ltdl.h: No such
> > file> or directory
>
> ta-dah! thats your answer printed on the screen right there. you dont have
> the required libtool development headers installed. depending on the
> distro this will be something like:
>
> libtool-ltdl-devel
> libtool-ltdl
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Well, I did a workaround running:
./configure --prefix=/usr --without-rlm_sql --without-rlm_sqlippool --without-rlm_sqlcounter  --without-rlm_sql_log --without-rlm_sqlhpwippool

But now, after configuring for using ldap and running radiusd -X it complains
as follows:

Module: Library search path is /usr/lib
Module: Loaded exec
 exec: wait = yes
 exec: program = "(null)"
 exec: input_pairs = "request"
 exec: output_pairs = "(null)"
 exec: packet_type = "(null)"
rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
Module: Instantiated exec (exec)
Module: Loaded expr
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded PAP
 pap: encryption_scheme = "crypt"
 pap: auto_header = yes
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded CHAP
Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
 mschap: use_mppe = yes
 mschap: require_encryption = no
 mschap: require_strong = no
 mschap: with_ntdomain_hack = no
 mschap: passwd = "(null)"
 mschap: ntlm_auth = "(null)"
Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
Module: Loaded System
 unix: cache = no
 unix: passwd = "(null)"
 unix: shadow = "(null)"
 unix: group = "(null)"
 unix: radwtmp = "/usr/var/log/radius/radwtmp"
 unix: usegroup = no
 unix: cache_reload = 600
Module: Instantiated unix (unix)
radiusd.conf[744] Failed to link to module 'rlm_ldap': rlm_ldap.so: cannot
radiusd.conf[1960] Unknown module "ldap".
radiusd.conf[1960] Failed to parse "ldap" entry.

Any ideas?
Thanks again!
--
Sergio Belkin