unlang question

Norbert Wegener norbert.wegener at siemens.com
Thu Sep 6 15:22:59 CEST 2007

I want to use the result from a sql query in something like this:
        switch "%{sqlnastype:SELECT nas.type FROM `nas` WHERE
nas.nasname ='%{NAS-IP-Address}'}" {
case "Cisco" {

It works, and it is a great feature.

The point is, it seems to work  only if there is an
authorize_check_query and a authorize_reply_query in the sql module.
So I have to setup an authorize_reply_query with  UserName,Attr Nam,
Attr Value, Op, although I am only interested in the answer to the query
above, which might be Cisco, Entrasys or something like that.

Is there a way to avoid such an authorize_reply_query or even the
authorize_check_query?

Norbert Wegener