FreeRADIUS 2.0.0-pre2 has been released

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 14 13:30:38 CEST 2007

Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Wow, looks very nice! The unlang will probably will allow us to throw
> away some of our own modules.

  That's the idea.

> As I understand the virtual servers, it is possible to have all vservers
> listen to the same ip/port socket, but have different client
> configurations. Is that right?

  Hmm... hadn't thought of doing it that way.  It could be possible.

> And would that be a sensible thing to do in a high traffic environment
> (many million requests per day)? I'd think that every request would have
> to be processed by all the vserser instances only to decide that the
> request has to be discarded by most of them.

  No.  The idea would be do tie a client to a virtual server.  Then, all
requests from that client would be sent to one, and only one virtual server.

  And no matter what, a request is handled by *one* virtual server.  You
seem to be saying that a request will be handled by many in parallel.
That will never happen, for the reasons you point out.