not getting authentication in 1.1.0

inverse inverse at ngi.it
Fri Sep 14 15:35:39 CEST 2007

most probably,  radius.conf and the users file are no longer compatible.
You must rebuild them manually.

There error is probably in the users file:
auth: type ""
 ERROR: Unknown value specified for Auth-Type.  Cannot perform requested

Also look at eap.conf, tls section.

On 9/14/07, mallika <mallikkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> As you said i compiled my code in 1.1.0 because for intermediate CA
> authentication 1.0.x series won't work but in 1.1.0 after compilation user
> not getting authenticated.iam sending logs . authentication type is not
> getting.please can help what are the things should i change in 1.1.0.
>

> radius_xlat:  '(cn=default)'
> radius_xlat:  'ou=users,dc=example,dc=com'
> rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
> rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
> rlm_ldap: performing search in ou=users,dc=example,dc=com, with filter
> (cn=default)
> rlm_ldap: performing search in cn=default, ou=profiles,dc=example,dc=com,
> with filter (objectclass=radiusprofile)
> rlm_ldap: Adding radiusTunnelPrivateGroupId as Tunnel-Private-Group-Id,
> value 1 & op=11
> rlm_ldap: Adding radiusTunnelMediumType as Tunnel-Medium-Type, value 6 &
> op=11
> rlm_ldap: Adding radiusTunnelType as Tunnel-Type, value 13 & op=11
> rlm_ldap: Adding radiusSessionTimeout as Session-Timeout, value 1800 & op=11
> rlm_ldap: Adding radiusClass as Class, value default & op=11
> rlm_ldap: Added password default in check items
> rlm_ldap: looking for check items in directory...
> rlm_ldap: Adding ntPassword as NT-Password, value
> 7D891AB402CAF2E89CCDD33ED54333AC & op=21
> rlm_ldap: Adding lmPassword as LM-Password, value
> 29D5C31BFF3D8D25AAD3B435B51404EE & op=21
> rlm_ldap: looking for reply items in directory...
> rlm_ldap: user default authorized to use remote access
> rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
> *** AGENT Modifications*****
>   modcall[authorize]: module "localhost" returns ok for request 1
> modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 1
>   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type EAP
> auth: type ""
>   ERROR: Unknown value specified for Auth-Type.  Cannot perform requested
> action.
> rad_check_password() Returns: -1
> auth: Failed to validate the user.
> xmlMessage: User default Failed Authentication
> Login incorrect: [default/<no User-Password attribute>] (from client rad
> port 0 cli 00-0F-76-00-87-D6)
> Delaying request 1 for 1 seconds
> Finished request 1
> Going to the next request
>
> --

"In a sea of glass shards, I hear you screaming"
--icchan